Friday, May 14, 2010

Five Year Plan for Growth

Starting today, let's consider and monitor my investment alternatives over the next five years for return on investment (ROI) assuming a starting bankroll of $600 divided equally between poker, handicapping horses, and the stockmarket. Knowledge base and opportunity are critical. It's the growth of our bankroll that wins when considering knowledge base and opportunity costs of the future ROI of poker, horse race handicapping and the stock market. Where can I make the most money by May 15, 2015?

Today is Preakness Saturday and we'll place at least one bet, maybe more. I've already paid $10 to a group on their thoughts for the day. Also purchased a race card from Always Racing Software. Both are considered sunk costs. Handicapping is an area of knowledge where I'm starting from scratch so to speak. However, with the level of poker ever increasing, it is worth at least investigating.

Next is poker. Today, tomorrow and for the next two weeks,we're playing at least two $1.10 deep stack tournaments in preparation for Monday's "Poker From the Rail" and Wednesday's "The Mookie". My poker knowledge should be considered extensive with a library of thirty books and forty years experience that is however facing a huge resurgence worldwide. But recent developments have peaked my interest. This Battle of The Bloggers is quite the opportunity to go for the whole enchilada maybe for this whole five year period. Kudos to Full Tilt and the bloggers who put it together. Thanks ladies and gents...a job well done. Enthused again.

Finally, the stock market. We'll put it in cash and wait. My knowledge here is so so. I was a Registered Investment Advisor when a working CPA but consider that knowledge as limited as anyone.

2 comments:

  1. Playing The Mookie on Wednesday, huh? Sweetie, I'm gonna win that sucker!

    Funny how many accountants (like you and me) play a little (or alot of) poker.

    Thanks for reading my blog. Look forward to seeing your play at The Mookie. I'm playing the Sunday Invitational for the BBT5 - very similar to the mookie but no buy in....it'd be nice to win THAT.

    Josie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and suitedaces = very cool name.

    ReplyDelete